Service researchers from the University of Liverpool Management School, Department of Marketing and Operations Management, with the support of a Health Economist, Simon Leigh have recently completed A Local Evaluation of the Prime Ministers Challenge Fund: Transforming Primary Care in South Cheshire and Vale Royal.
The terms of reference for this local evaluation included:
1.To investigate the impact of the programme on participating practices, in particular:
- How the extra appointments have impacted on capacity, demand, and access.
- How the programme and extra income derived by the programme has helped the sustainability of the practice.
- The impact on staff and the running of the practice.
2.To investigate the impact of the Alternative Solutions programme, to include:
- The impact on patients and families
- The view of GPs and practice staff of the programme.
The Alternative Solutions Programme is designed as a single point of access service to identify interventions, support and improve patient wellbeing where those issues highlighted are of a non-medical nature. The service aims to provide direct support and engagement with practices across South Cheshire and Vale Royal.
Download the full presentation, including benefits and challenges PMCF Project Summary Feedback