The Paediatric Audiology Clinic is run at Leighton Hospital in Crewe. It is a specialist clinical service which aims to identify and manage hearing impairment in children. The service provides a comprehensive range of assessments for children of all ages (birth to 18 years).
Service provided are:
– Newborn Hearing Screening offered for all eligible babies across Mid Cheshire
– Diagnostic testing for babies referred from the Newborn Hearing Screen
– Hearing assessments for all children aged 0 – 18 years upon referral by a health professional
– Hearing aid fitting and maintenance for children who have been identified with a hearing impairmen
– Referral to other professionals where appropriate (e.g. cochlear implants or surgical intervention
– Sharing of information across services
Referrals are accepted from any health professional who reports concerns about a child’s hearing or development.